The installation process to be followed by the user for successful installation:
Note: During the installation process you have to provide additional information.
- Once the Initiate Infra installation process is started, the script will prompt you to accept all AWS (Amazon Web Services) /THIRD_PARTY_LICENSES.
- Type the alphabet ‘A’ from the keypad to accept all AWS third-party licenses.
- The script prompts you to “Enter AWS Access Key ID “.Enter a valid AWS access key Id and press enter to proceed next.
- The script prompts you to “Enter AWS Secret Key“. Enter a valid AWS Secret key and press enter to proceed next.
- The script prompts you to “Enter Default region Name“. Enter a valid region name to install Dextrus Cluster for example, “us-east-1” (source: AWS console).
- The script prompts you to “Enter AWS Account Number“. Enter a valid AWS account number. (12 digits)
# standup infra
- The script prompts you to “Enter Cluster name“. Enter a unique cluster_name to proceed next.
- The script prompts you to “Enter unique S3 Bucket name“.Enter a unique bucket_name to proceed next.
- The script prompts you to “Enter base AMI instance ID” (ami_id) of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (64-bit *86) system of your region. Then perform the below steps to copy 64-bit *86 ami_id (source: AWS console):
Note: AMI instance ID is a unique number generated for each region selected by you.
- Log in to the AWS Console.
- Search for the ‘EC2’ service on the search text field available in the top right corner.
- Select a particular region.
- Click ‘EC2’ and then ‘instances’.
- Click ‘Launch instance’.
- Search for ‘Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS’ and finally, copy the generated 64-bit * 86 ami_id.
- Once the script validates the above information the installation process begins.
Note: You shouldn’t lock the system while deployment is going on.
- To accept the memory utilization, press ‘Y’ from the keypad and click Enter (Occurs after 30 minutes of installation start).
- To accept another memory utilization, press ‘Y’ from the keypad and click Enter (Occurs within 5 minutes of installation start).
- Once the deployment is successful you will be prompted to click provided URL to access the Dextrus application.
- Upon clicking the URL, the Dextrus application is opened in the browser.